Kowa Pharmaceuticals America Pharmaceutical Sales Representative in Fredericksburg, Virginia
Job Title: Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Job Summary: Serves customers by selling pharmaceutical products, develops and manages a defined geographic territory to achieve the maximum sales goals and maintain profitability. The Representative acts as the primary customer contact and is responsible for executing marketing strategy and promoting Kowa products as led by the District Manager.
The epicenter of this territory is Spotsylvania, VA. The territory includes Fredericksburg, Manassas, Mechanicsville, Warrenton, Charlottesville, VA.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
2 years of previous experience in sales
Currently reside within the required geography for territory listed or willing to relocate
Valid US Driver’s license and clean driving history
Able to periodically lift and move boxes of product weighing up to 20 pounds
Essential Job Functions:
• Manage territory, making a daily plan of sales calls using analytical skills and judgement, pulling customers and targets from digital data
• Independently drive a company vehicle daily in a safe manner in accordance with company Fleet policy
• Make multiple stops during established work day to communicate with physicians and pharmacists
• Operate a digital tablet or other device to appropriately demonstrate Kowa’s marketing and sales tools to contribute to the sales process
• Complete monthly product sample and marketing material inventory; may involve activity during all weather conditions
• Provide current and comprehensive clinical knowledge of Kowa’s products and effectively communicate the clinical and economic benefits of the products to medical professionals in a verbal manner
• Schedule and participate in informational lunches and dinner programs including speaker engagement to provide clinical knowledge of disease state and treatments to physicians and other medical professionals
• Record all visits made to physicians and pharmacists on a daily basis using digital device or appropriate paper form when device is unavailable
• Meet established program sales goals and market share targets within territory by utilizing effective sales techniques in order to influence targeted physicians, hospitals and pharmacies
• Submit all business expenses in a timely manner according to policy
• Travel independently to training and meetings; this may involve air travel and overnight stay depending upon location.
• Comply with all FDA, AMA, PhRMA, HIPAA and Safety guidelines
• Comply with all company policies
• Maintain a regular work schedule
• Dress appropriately for professional position
• Possess knowledge of medical, healthcare or pharmaceutical industry
• Learn and understand regulations related to healthcare industry
• Learn and disseminate complex clinical and biological information
• Display strong independent work ethic, self-motivating
• Use time efficiently; set goals and objectives
• Uphold organizational values
NOTE: The information presented, while not an exact or exhaustive listing, describes the work, performance standards, and qualifications typically required of employees in this job. A specific position description or employee performance plan may differ as long as it is consistent with the core responsibilities, standards and qualifications for that job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Kowa is committed to provide equal opportunity, employment, and advancement opportunities to all individuals. Kowa does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran, pregnancy, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws. Employment decisions at Kowa will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.
Job Title: Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
Date Posted: 11/18/2020
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kowa Pharmaceuticals America, Inc., is committed to providing equal opportunity, employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. KPA does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or Local Laws. Employment decisions at Kowa Pharmaceuticals America, Inc. will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. (A complete policy description is located in the Kowa Pharmaceuticals America, Inc. Employee Handbook.)